May is Women’s Health Week
May is Women’s Health Month and it is a reminder to women that you should be taking care of yourself and making your health a priority. It is always a good time to start making healthy choices that will help you feel and look better.
We have put together some tips that can help you improve your mental and physical health below:
- Take care of your body and mind
- Maintain a heathy weight
- Eat healthy and get active
- Visit your doctor for your well-women checkup and preventive screening
- Drink water instead of soda and sugary drinks
- Turn on your favorite music and dance
- Take a walk
- Avoid unhealthy behaviors, such as smoking, texting while driving, and not wearing a seatbelt or bicycle helmet.
- Practice good sleep habits that will improve your mental and physical health
It’s not always easy to take steps for better health, and every woman has her own approach, but the key is to find what works best for you. A great way to do that is to reflect on your health goals, what motivates you, and what’s holding you back from being your healthiest you.
For more information, please visit womenshealth.gov/nwhw